<VV> E85 fuel

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Feb 24 17:15:08 EST 2006

Interesting point on this is what one of the essays said about biodiesel
replacing home fuel oil. Not only does it burn cleaner, but could easily
replace petroleum heating oil nationwide. "Residential consumption of
No. 2 heating oil in 2001 was 6.6 billion gallons nationwide, according
to the Energy Information Agency." "According to the US Department of
Energy, enough feedstocks exist today to produce 1.9 billion gallons of
biodiesel. Another 5 to 10 billion gallons could be made from mustard
seed, and billions more could potentially be made from algae." And
nothing needs be changed or modified to use it! Also it's practical use
has apparently been well proven.

So if you heat with oil, look into using at least a 20% (known as B20)
blend of biodiesel. The article indicates that pure 100% may or may not
be usable, depending on your equipment.

-Mark