<VV> E85 fuel (NO CORVAIR)

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Feb 24 23:57:42 EST 2006

I'd dispute the idea that hydrogen is an energy source. I consider it
more of a transmission medium, much like electricity. In its natural
state, it is unusable and unharnessable. The stuff we CAN use is merely
another form of energy that has been transformed into a usable form of
electricity or hydrogen. And another problem is that no transformation
of energy from one form to another is ever 100% effecient. Every time
you transform energy you lose some of it.

Fossil fuel on the other hand contains energy when in its natural state.
It only needs conversion into a usable form (usually a relatively simple
operation) if at all. And that makes it a good power source - as long as
the supply holds out and is net energy positive.)

My question about hydrogen has always been, where do you propose to get
it? Everyone who talks up hydrogen ignores the idea that the energy has
to come from SOME place, and right now that's natural gas (spelled
FOSSIL FUEL). And these people are promoting hydrogen as a way to get us
off fossil fuel? HELLO? Then they say, let's use power generated by
water, wind, nuclear, etc. But that's merely using those sources to
transform that power into electricity, which would in turn be used to
generate hydrogen, which would be used how? The problem there is that
each of those sources has its own problems, which was well explained in
that book I recommended.

I feel that the only truely renewable, dependable, storable, and
practical fuel is biofuel.

-Mark