<VV> Monza speedo in a Corsa dash

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Feb 25 09:39:19 EST 2006

On both the Monza and Corsa the left front wheel produces one revolution
of the speedo cable for one revolution of the wheel/tire assembly, and
these assemblies are the same from the factory, so.... the input to both
speedometers is the same revolutions per mile. So they are calibrated
the same. Either will read fine up to 120 MPH, then the Monza will have
to be interpolated. Or as in my 1977 Nova, "Ok, I'm doing about L1 now,
I think it will go to D!". Silly 80 MPH top speed markings.

Frank DuVal