<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 13, Issue 86, Msg 3

WillSmithTFPOCAllenTexas TheFreshPrinceofCorvair at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 11:08:06 EST 2006

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:06:37 -0800 (PST)
From: tom zimmermann <s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Dexron in brake system ??
To: VirtualVairs at corvair.org

I've just replaced the hyd clutch system (removed,cleaned and
re-installed same units) on my 88 s10,and instead of Dot-3 brake fluid
I filled it with Dexron-lll...it's working fine,and was wondering about
the pro's/cons of using it in the Corvair's brake system,,mainly
because Dexron doesn't absorb moisture like brake fluid does... any
thoughts?...Tom..//
My Thoughts: 1] Destruction of seals is the first concern.
                       2] Is its boiling point higher than brake fluid
                       3] I wonder why no car mfg has started using it
that way

Will S
WANTED: Nice 66 Monza vert, 110, pg for Parade Duty and taking kids for
a ride in something they've likely never seen.