<VV> Monza speedo in a Corsa dash

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Feb 25 13:44:24 EST 2006

Thanks for the responses.  Let me clarify things a little.  I have a 1965 Monza and I want to put a Corsa dash in it.  The Corsa dash I bought came without a speedo but a club member gave me one but it's odometer gears are bad.  I know I can fix it but the 2 gears that are bad are about $90 (from Clarks) and I am cheap.  BTW, all the gears in the Corsa speedo I have are metal, the driving gear looks like brass and the driven gear appears to be steel.  I'm afraid to buy another used one for fear that the gears on it will be bad too.  I may still do that though.  Rebuilt ones are like $250.  I want to put a used Monza speedo into the Cors dash.  Take the guts of the monza speedo and attach it to the metal cup business in the Corsa dash.  The speedo face I got was VERY corroded so I have to refinish it anyway.  I can either make it read 120 or 140 at this point, it's just black with no markings currently.  I really just want to know if the Monza one will easily fit.  I was wondering if anyone else has done this.  I'm going to get a new (used) Monza speedo and not use the one in my current dash (or swap them) because I want to keep the Monza dash intact.  Corvair people are pack rats as well as cheapskates.  I was hoping to get an answer so I don't have to tear my Monza dash apart to find out or buy a used Monza speedo that I might not be able to use. Hmm, maybe one of my club friends will lend me one to experiment with.

mike