<VV> Posi additive

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 14:45:37 EST 2006

-This is my reply to Mike saying he didn't think that
using additive with the Corvair transaxle ssharing
fluids was supposed to be a good thing....
---

I think that additive is one of those gray areas where
people have their own opinions about it.

if you ask me, I'd say that oils have come a long way
since 1965, and you could probably go without and be
fine.

On the other hand...I also just read somewhere about
motor oils that the oil of today has less zinc in it,
which is causing premature wear in flat tappets and
things of the like....so I wonder if that is the same
for oils for other parts of the transaxle like trans
fluid, diff fluid...-in our situation- a Corvair.  I
don't think it would be any different...still oil
right?

So to follow that up......I don't think that it would
hurt to add SOME...maybe do less of a ratio in the
mix-so there is still additive, but not as much...so
at least it's still doing SOMETHING for it...but not
harming the transmission, if it even woul do any harm
in the first place.

Feel free to chime in experts!

Ryan

1965 Corsa/110/4