<VV> Re: <> Posi additive

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sun Feb 26 15:27:01 EST 2006

FYI -  The reason zinc levels have been reduced in motor
oils is to keep the emissions components in the exhaust
system (catalytic converters and oxygen sensors) happier.
They last a lot longer with lower levels of zinc in the
engine oil.  I don't know too much about the specific
chemistry behind transmission and gear oils, but I don't
think they would be under the same pressure to de-zinc if
they had zinc in the first place.

Jim Burkhard