<VV> Re: 6 strokeNO CORVAIR

sheridanma at adelphia.net sheridanma at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 27 14:01:09 EST 2006

The current issue of Car and Driver has a little blurb about a hybrid system that BMW is working on. It uses heat exchangers on the exhaust to create steam to run a steam engine connected to the back of  the gas engine. The advantage over the the current electric/gas hybrids is that the secondary power system works even on the freeway, without having to rely on braking to generate electricity. Plus it is a closed system, so there is no need for a water tank.

Marc Sheridan