<VV> Re: Ticking noise

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Feb 27 19:05:15 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/27/2006 3:00:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wadde001 at tc.umn.edu writes:

> I too have a ticking, and I know it is a sticky lifter. It even
> broke a rocker and bent the pushrod once! What is this "FLAPS"
> stuff? I would like to try it before I go to all the trouble
> of replacing the lifter. (How big a deal is it to replace a lifter anyway?
> I'm by no means an expert, but I'm willing to learn! I replaced the rod
> and rocker, but was afraid to go into the guts.)

When you replaced the Rocker / PR...you were half way there!

Just remove BOTH for that cylinder.....remove 2  Rocker studs [ head bolts ]
 pushrod tube / slips out - "O-rings]

Pull lifter......re-assemble, torquing Rocker studs  to 32-35 FOOT  pounds

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!