<VV> front lower ball joints

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 1 14:50:15 EST 2006

The lower balljoints are press-in, as Jim stated, so be careful and make
sure you don't buy "replacements" that are screw-in. These are harder to
install and prevent you from ever using a press-in again. Some replacement
manufactuers made these screw-ins to be able to service lower arms that had
the holes enlarged by previous faulty installs. There are some NOS
replacements like these at swap meets. I suspect they are leftovers because
most people (when Corvairs were being made) knew that the lowers should be
press-in.
I think that 1960 Corvairs MAY have used screw-ins. Do any '60 owners know
if that was the case?
                  Ed