<VV> RE: Corvair at Barrett-Jackson

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Mon Jan 2 10:14:41 EST 2006

I spotted that one on the B-J website the other day. Will be interesting to
watch what it goes for.

For those of you who follow this auction, look up on their website Item #
973 (I beleive that is the right number) It is listed as a 1970 Dodge
Challenger "Recreation" vehicle. Currently Pink, with a 440-6bbl, 4-speed
with a white interior. This car started out as a thrasched out 318 hardtop,
with an automatic. Myself and a friend made the car a convertible, using
all the proper pieces, and slightly up[graded a lot more. My friend sold
this car at Chryslers at Carlisle last summer for $28,000. My estimate of
value, even though it was a clone was $40,000. Sold almost immediately, and
he has been in contact with the current owner who put another $10,000 into
it. We had done this car about 10 years ago, and it was scarry fast, and
very driveable! Anyone venture a guess what this clone will go for on
Barrett-Jackson? My guess is over $80,000. Goes on the block around January

Gary Swiatowy

From: <mhicks130 at cox.net>
Subject: <VV> barret-jackson corvair

Lot 50.1 1961 CHEVROLET CORVAIR CUSTOM SIDELOAD PICKUP

A Corvair at Barret Jackson, who'd a thunk it?  It sure is perty too.

mike