<VV> Car salesmen

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 12:05:35 EST 2006

What gets me is when I want a particualar vehicle with particular options
and the salesman tries to sell me a totally different vehicle.  When I
bought my Dodge Ram new back in 2001, I told the salesman what I wanted. As
another dealer was advertising 4wd Q-cab Laramie SLT Rams for $19,995. I
told the salesman of this, and apparently he knew of it, they do a meet and
beet deal. He tried to talk me into a Dakota, I told him I wanted the Ram. I
got the 4wd Ram, new for $19,990.  Power windows, A/C, heated power mirrors
etc..... And a manual trans, as this is what I wanted. When my dad was
looking for a Jeep CJ back in 1984( the one I currently have), he told the
salesman what he was looking for, a Jeep CJ. The salesman tried to talk him
into a Pontiac Sunbird. Come on!!! Not even close to the same vehicle. I
have a few other stories, don't want to bore everyone. The best auto
purchase was made through my brother-in-law when he worked at a Pontiac
dealership. We got my wifes 2000 Bonneville SSei for about employee cost and
all of the paper work was ready to go when we arrived. I don't think we were
at the dealership for an hour and we were on the road. With this being said,
I have also had some other very good encounters with car salesman. I like
the non-pushy ones. If they are pushy, I'll take my $$ somewhere else.

--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.
Maine