<VV> Car salesmen

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 15:19:53 EST 2006

I'm glad to see a "fair and balanced" response on this
issue.  This has been my line of work for 20 years,
and I've nothing to be ashamed of in the way I've
treated every one of my customers.  "The Golden Rule"
may sound corny to some, but it's the only way to
survive, long-term, in this business.  I started
selling my brand of cars and trucks on the Internet
about a year and a half ago, and I now have customers
in 27 different states, all through word of mouth.
And every one of them comes to me to pick up their
vehicle.  No one needs to tell me their horror story
of buying a vehicle, as I've probably witnessed it
all.  The industry's reputation is not something I'm
proud of, one for which I always have a response.
When I'm at a social get-together where I don't know a
lot of people, inevitably someone turns to me and
asks, "and what do YOU do for a living, Jeff?"  I look
'em straight in the eye and say, "well, when I'm not
trafficking in drugs, I'm collecting welfare."  I give
them a moment to get over their shock, then explain I
was just kidding, as it's even worse than that: I sell cars.