<VV> Re: engine #'s drivin me crazy

penneyracer1 penneyracer1 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 2 16:30:36 EST 2006

Hello all and Happy New Year,

   I have a 64 monza that I just put head gaskets into.  I started to look up my engine numbers in Clark's Corvair Parts tech section. My block is supoosedly a 60-63 84 hp pg or a 64 95 hp pg. My head # is 3856759 which the book says 65-67 110 hp. To further confuse things, above the chart of head #'s is a chart from the San Diego club that shows my heads are 60-63 80-84 hp. My block # is To204ZH, head # is 3856759. Can anyone identify what engine I actually have? BTW I have early model carbs on this thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.