<VV> Re: engine #'s drivin me crazy

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 2 18:27:33 EST 2006

Your engine block is a 62/63 84 hp PG from a Monza 900.  The head is a late
110.  The heads shouldn't fit unless there is a spacer around the top of
the cylinder.  I think you have a mishmash of parts.  Hopefully someone
hogged out the interior of the block an put a late crank, late cylinders to
go with the 110 head.  This is actually done fairly often so earlies can
have a correct block number, but actually have 164 cid.  If the objective
is to put head gaskets in, my guess would be late gaskets.  If you really
have 110 heads on a 145 cid engine you have a really low compression ratio
and should look for some early heads.

Dennis