Re<VV> Car Salesman (no Corvair)

Ebarr19 at aol.com Ebarr19 at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 17:14:42 EST 2006

I have a story about like Smitty's. My daughter and her boyfriend were  going
car shopping and I told her to make no deal without my  "OK" and she  did so,
she had a Olds hardtop with all options to trade-in and made the  salesman
write on the contract that it was subject to her Fathers approval and  signed it.
  She came home with a peach colored Pinto with NO options, I told her  she
would not be happy with that car after a month and to take it back and get
something with some options at least a radio. She did and called me up  crying
and said they would not take it back and that a deal was made. I  told her that
I had plans that night and to tell the Sales Manager that  I  and my Lawyer (
a well known Lawyer in the town ) would be down to see them the  next day.
Well when I got home that evening in the drive sat a yellow Mustang  with all
options but A/C. and she got it for the same price as the Pinto. What  happened
was that they had already sold her trade-in to a wholesaler. They told  her to
pick out any Mustang on the lot.
  Gene Barr