Frank Responds Re: <VV> Re: Car Salesmen - You dont have a clue (no Corvair)

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 15:46:15 EST 2006

John,
    Yes, there are certainly competent salesmen.  When I visited 6
dealerships to buy my new GM Minivan, I found 2 dealerships who had quite competent
salesmen.  No, they didn't know the answers to all my questions, but they knew HOW
to find out the answers.  And they were willing to go through the complete
list of options with me to help me decide what was available and at what price.
So I bought the car from one of them.
    I have also gotten apparently lower prices from salesmen I didn't trust
and ignored them to make my purchase from one with a bit higher price that I
could trust.
    I never expect the salesmen to know as much about the car as I do, but I
do expect them to discuss what options are available, option packages as far
as what is included in the package and the pricing of those options.  If they
can't do that then I'm outa there!!!
    Frank "anal retentive type" Burkhard