<VV> Wheels/tires...just some comments.

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 22:53:03 EST 2006

not looking for a big discussion, since this topic is
beat to pulp all the time...just thought I'd note
something.

I've been looking for tires all day long.  it is NOT
easy to find 13 inch tires in more than I can count on
half my hand of sizes.  I've been searching around a
lot today...

I do have 2-14 inch rims...I was thinking about
putting those two (Rallye rims) on the back(since
they're 14's)  and then using the 13" steel OEMs for
the fronts and maybne paint them body color (or all
black or something)

Then maybe when I get two more of those rims again, I
can just take the front 13's off, and get the same
tires for the front.

Just a thought.  not sure there's really a lot of good
reasoning there...but then, most of my friends already
question my logic for owning a Corvair....and wanting
more.

seems to me the Yokohama Avid T4's are a good tire.
and you can get them for $42.00 in a 185/70/13.
pretty durn close to OEM.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Ryan V.