<VV> Monza vs. Honda fun!

Wayne Broadhead afvair at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 23:57:58 EST 2006

Hello Corvair friends,

Beautiful saturday in Salt Lake City today.  Should be all snow and
ice...but instead 51 degrees.  Decided to uncover the vair after 3
months of restful winter sleep.

Took the cover off...fired right up..headed to the store.  Successful
trip to Lowes then the fun began.  To come home I got on the onramp,
two lanes wide.  Next to me was a new Honda Accord..we were going neck
to neck about 10 miles an hour accelerating toward the freeway.  I
decided that it was time to "clean the secondaries out" (been sitting
in the garage to long, right?) so I punched it.  To my surprise the
Honda decided that he would too!

The acceleration was a blast, speed at the merge on to the freeway was
80 mph, the Honda....several car lengths behind me.

PURE JOY!

Wayne Broadhead
1966 Marina Blue Monza with Honda eating 140/ 4 speed.
Bonneville Corvair Club