<VV> Re: Turbo Boost

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Jan 9 10:23:35 EST 2006

Hi Dave,

I would set the WG as low as possible to start until it's broken in -
boost will turn any pinging destructive fast.  I've heard a lot of good
things firsthand from turbo owners who have tried Ray Sedman's
Safeguard - it will keep let you run a much better advance curve.  You
can use one with H2O as well, the Safeguard just "listens" for
detonation.

Once you've got it dialed in, I'd suggest 10 psi if you want it to
last.  Higher than that appears to lead to the bent parts and melted
pieces.

Sounds like a fun car, let us know how it turns out.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa