<VV> Re: Turbo Boost

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Mon Jan 9 13:44:40 EST 2006

Sorry Lon... I should have also noted that I am running a set of your KB
HK's in my very similar "hot" turbo 140 engine with absolutely no
problems. I would not even consider a set of Fed Mogul forged for a hot
turbo application... they might be better than stock, but not nearly as
good as the KB's. IMO, of course. My only (intended) comparison were
between the KB's and the custom forged... I think there is no comparison
the other way.

IMO, you are correct that most customers really don't need anything more
than the KBs, but they DO need more than the "standard" forged to run
high boost.  I should have more carefully spelled this out in my response.

But I am also very careful concerning detonation... my recommendation to
go with custom forged was only to give a slightly higher margin of error
with regards to potential detonation damage. The engine builder would
need to consider whether this was worth the additional cost.. I think
it's likely that most would think it's not.

Bill