<VV> Re: Turbo Boost

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Mon Jan 9 13:10:25 EST 2006

Bill - Have to dissagree. When the pistons are set up as the
manufacturer recommends (something some folks make a cottage industry of
ignoring) the KB's are good for a great deal more than you stated.
"Ray's pistons" are Aires forged, which I have no doubt are better than
my Keith Blacks - at more than twice the cost. They can be ordered
directly from Aires for about the same price, but if Ray has had some
made and is keeping them "on the shelf" for immediate availability then
buy them from him as reward for doing that.

Why do I suspect that the Aires forged are better than my KB's? Just a
logical assumption, knowing how they are made and what they are - The
same way that I suspect that my KB's are better than Fed Mogul forged.
Do most customers need to spend the extra money for the Airies? I
wouldn't think so, as our KB's are being used successfully in a number
of VERY high stress applications. With the forged and the KB's being
pretty close to the same price the KB's make the most sense. A third run
of the KB's is expected  this Spring. Lon

www.corvairunderground.com