<VV> RE:The Special Corvair

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 9 20:02:40 EST 2006

I know a little about this car, having talked to it's owner a couple of
times and  restoring the carburetors currently on it's 1960 engine. While
it's value is at 6 figures the carbs went for their regular price :-). Nice
piece of work, but not as fast as it looks.
The Carbmeister

<<I ran across this comment and picture i a discussion forum . I do know
anything about it and have never seen a picture of it. The link below has
the picture. Here is what it said.

1963 CHEVROLET CORVAIR PININ FARINA PROTOTYPE

in 1960 pininfarina put forward a project of their own providing the
attractive, if controversial, rear engine corvair chassis with a body. this
version was the first of two chassis's to be bodied by pininfarina in the
course of the following three years. the first version being shown at the
paris and turin salon's in 1960. two years later, at the paris salon, the
chassis was shown again, this time a little less radical, but a more
convincing project that involved a lot of work.>>