<VV> Wheels (ad nauseum ad infinitum)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Jan 9 21:56:32 EST 2006

Hi Tim,

I don't know the answer, but can perhaps offer some useful advice.
Those wheels are very likely an inch wider than you Nissan wheels, and
all the early owners I've spoken with used a similar 6" wide Nissan
type wheel.  If you don't get a certain answer, you can measure the
backspace on your existing wheels, then compare to the new wheels.  A
little math (easy, I promise :-) will tell you where to check for
clearance.

  - If the backspace is the same or less, then the added width plus any
difference in backspace is on the outside of the wheel.  Check the
fender openings to see if you can spare the room.  Don't forget to
bounce the car and turn the wheel lock to lock.
  - If the backspace is not more than 1" additional, then some is on the
inside and some on the outside.  Check and see if you have tight
clearance both inside and outside.
  - If the backspace is 1" or more additional, then the added width plus
any difference in backspace is on the inside of the wheel.  Check
suspension clearance and clearance on the inside of the fenderwells.

See my tire page for more details on doing the measurements.  Good
luck, let us know how they work out.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa