<VV> Speed

mark bashara marklaredo at msn.com
Tue Jan 10 20:39:16 EST 2006

My 64 Monza with a 110 pg will cruise all day between 65-75 mph.  I have
taken trips and found that although it can go over 80 why would I want to.
It seems happiest traveling between 55-65, I get about 23 mpg while
traveling around 60mph. A short and funny story, my cousin has a beautiful
57 Chevy Convertable with a 283. One day we took a nice ride and while I was
cruising along at about 65, he had to pull over because his vehicle was
overheating and losing antifreeze, gotta love the aircooled Corvair. He was
also impressed on how I was able to keep up with him and in fact at times
cruise well ahead of him, I was doing a little over 80 a couple of times.
All in all though I am most comfortable traveling at the speed limit in my
64.