<VV>Tirez (overlapping Corvair)

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Wed Jan 11 10:36:53 EST 2006

Padgett writes...
<snip>
My 78 Sunbird came with BR70/13 Firestone 500s, (the first to have major
problems with separation) but all such had the "R" added, a plain letter
G70x14 (70 Tempest) was Bias-Belted. Don't think that any letter tires were
old style unbelted
</snip>

The spare on Christine is an old Atlas Cushionaire 4 ply A78-13.  It doesn't say anything about belts anywhere on the sidewalls.

It's too small for the Corvair and would give really squirrelly handling if I ever used it in combination with the 185/80R13 tires on the ground, but it holds air and would get me down the road to where I could get a f lat fixed.  Think of it as the original space-saver spare.

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza Convertible she-devil
Memeber: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta and Group Red (Ret.)

http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm