<VV>TRX Tirez (no Corvair)

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Jan 11 11:12:09 EST 2006

>The TRX tires were made by Michelin, and I believe the wheel/tire design
>was theirs.  Mom had a set on her '83 Mustang GT, I think they were only
>available in '83 and '84.

"TRX Suspension (1979-84 only)" ref
http://www.mustangregistry.org/lxregfrm.htm .

Note that the option was not just the tires and wheels but the whole
suspension was different (similar to Pontiac's RTS, Radial Tuned
Suspension). Knew I had gone against some TRXs when Autocrossing the V-8
Sunbird in Texas and that ended in early 1981. My recollection is that they
never did very well but was running with the Porsches anyway.

Padgett