<VV> Floor cutout for manual transmission

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 22:05:10 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/12/2006 6:53:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kentsu at corvairkid.com writes:

Hi,

I'm curious whether the floor cutout for the manual  transmission shifter was
exactly the same for three- and four-speed cars.  Maybe someone who has
converted a three-speed car to four-speed can  comment?

Again, what I want to know is whether the hole in the floor is  exactly the
same regardless of whether a three-speed transmission was  installed or
four-speed.

Thanks.

They are the same, since the portion of the shifter and all  shims and the
under-car shifter assembly were identical for the three and four  speeds. I have
converted several 4-speeds to three speed shifters. The floor  hole is
exactly the same, at least on 65-later vehicles. -  Seth