<VV> Quiet

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 13 00:01:11 EST 2006

I was looking forward to a weekend of Corvair ice race.  Well, THAT is not
going to happen.  56-7 degrees today near Chicago.  Maybe global warming is
real?  (Oops) - that is a "Talk" type question and I'm not subscribed.

So - no driving the ice race Vair (Icemobile) this weekend.  Instead, I
drove the CA car (bought there).  That goes from one end of the fleet to the
opposite end. I think I'm going to name it Cali (or would it be Caly?) -
just for the fun of it.  I'm tired if trying to figure out whether to call
it the yellow car or the beige car.  There has been no salting of the roads
in over 3 weeks, so I figured it was safe - AND I needed a Corvair "FIX".
Also, there has been 2 or 3 rains since the last salt.  Well - whatever
rationalization it takes to talk myself into taking it for a ride!!!

Anyway, I put about 30 miles on Cali today.  It has less than 1,000 since
engine (top end) rebuild.  It started after only minor coaxing.  Spewed a
bit of oil (white smoke) out the right side for about 4 - 5 minutes.  No
real surprise on a fresh top end and not being run in 3 months or so.  After
the chokes came off, that ended and I was off.  The tank was already full,
so did not add any gas.  Don't recall if I put Stabil in at the end of the
season, but don't think so.  If I drive it tomorrow, I'll top it off with
some fresh 93 (but, of course, it will be winter blend).

So, it is quiet on VV because everyone else is ALSO out driving today?

Hmmm... Maybe it should be Cala.  More girl names end with an A and more boy
names end with an I.  Votes, anyone?

Later, JR