<VV> VV Extiction?

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 11:14:22 EST 2006

Since JR is off the podium, I'll step up...

I have mixed feelings about what Joe is doing with the Virtual Corvair Club web site, since that's what JR is talking about.

I'm with JR in a reply that the information that someone is looking for can be found at another site is a bit awkward at best. I would put that in the same category as the classic "It's in the (insert you favorite Corvair book here)" reply. This is an accurate statement of fact but not a direct answer to the question. I believe that if you want to inform someone where they can find the answer, that's good, but also answer the question.

I appreciate the considerable amount of work that Joe has put into his site. Anything that anyone does that helps the Corvair community is OK in my book. Personally, I don't like the "forum" format and that is the primary reason I don't participate in them. I like seeing all the posts and having control over what I read and what I delete. With most forums, you have to look into at different categories. If you're not interested in a particular category, you wouldn't read the posts. You might miss a tidbit of info that you otherwise couldn't live without.

I also wonder about Joe being the CORSA internet chair (or whatever the official title is). Isn't there a potential for a conflict of interest there somehow? I haven't seen anything that looks like that, but I just have a strange feeling about that. And, No, I don't want the job. I'd guess that Joe isn't being for either job. Now that CORSA is going to officially endorse products and vendors, maybe Lon can be in charge of that? (before you get on my back for that one, let me say that I support Lon as a CORSA director and a vendor, I just wanted an example of a potential conflict of interest).

As for Garth's thank you notes, I kinda like them. It shows me that my contribution to VV was appreciated by someone. Besides anyone that has a late model PG sedan and a late model 140 coupe is a great Corvair guy!

OK now I'm off the podium...
Someone post a Corvair question....
Ned