<VV> Dealing with VV

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Fri Jan 13 22:44:15 EST 2006

Smitty says:  I don't believe I have ever answered anyone's question by saying it is in the book.  When the answer was unavoidably lengthy I have told them what page and paragraph in the maintenance manual they could find the answer.  I feel very strongly that anyone who owns a Corvair should own the proper manual for it.  I do most of my posting answers in private posts to the person asking and not to the general population.  So why do I do it that way.  Mostly I think is because I just get damned tired of reading the same stuff over and over.  I have read my paragraph about Hands wheels and Larrys answer about 5 times already and I would bet that isn't the end of it.  I am not so hung up on what I write that I want to read it more than once.  This repeat, repeat, repeat does nothing but trash up the list and make it boreing.  Which of course buries valid posts with legitimate questions and answers.  My lack of private posting has another down side.  I have considerable Corvair
 experience but I am not the sharpest needle in the sewing kit.  Sometimes I make mistakes.  So if my posts are private there is no one to correct them.  Oh Well.  We create our own monsters.