<VV> LM Convertible Shoulder Belt Mounting Points

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 22:59:46 EST 2006

Attached are the drawings for 1968 Fisher Body Corvair convertible shoulder
belt anchor points.  I have also included a drawing of the coupe mounting
picture supposedly for all GM coupes, but it is not correct because our cars have a
well behind the rear seat.  Possibly the rear vertical panel should be used
as it was on the LM convertible.  The last drawing shows our unique anchor
sleave for the front side seat belt anchor.  None of my parts books list the seat
belts (from 1973 and 1976) so you will have to decide on your own lengths
though I would think the front shoulder belts for coupes would be about the right
length for convertibles.  The rear belt length should be determined by your
own measurements if no one has any sample lengths.  If Lon Wall, Clark's or any
other vendor has the shoulder belt kits then I would use them.

Someone out there must have a LM coupe or sedan with the rear shoulder belts
that can be used as templates for these cars.

I'm sending this via VV for the widest coverage.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair