<VV> Re: magnets in oil pans and camshaft options

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 21:43:48 EST 2006

i always put hard drive magnets in the pan of trans and engine. they are
super strong and do not move.i get junk hard drives from the local puter shop. i
put them on the filter pickup. they are very handy around the shop to hold
tools also. (so strong you can repair a gauge needle that jumped the pin by waving
it carefully near the dash instruments)
i am going to try a 9889 cam on my new engine with 140 powerglide crank. this
engine will have 140 heads with octane cut pistons and 2 carbs. i think
running the 9891 cam with a powerglide and distrib i had may be most of the reason
i had trouble getting power without  detonation. this ended up destroying
pistons on my vt hilly trip. this is just my opinion after discussing it with the
machine shop guys. if this works out i may have to take the new engine in my
van apart also to change out the cam.  powerglides are not very forgiving ....
more as it happens.  by the way , those magnets can also destroy watches and
monitors etc.
regards, tim colson