<VV> Re: atlanta to buffalo????

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 21:57:17 EST 2006

I don't see how you can avoid any mountainous driving,
but I would steer clear of I-65.  That seems to be the
main "18-wheeler" route for the East, and I'd rather
deal with mountains than be stuck in amongst a bunch
of huge trucks while towing your "precious cargo."
How did Mapquest route you: I-75 to I-90?  I'd also
consider I-85 to I-26 near Spartanburg, SC, then north
to I-81 to I-77 to Cleveland, then I-90 into Buffalo.
You could also branch off I-77 and pick up I-79 in
Charleston, WV, thru Pittsburgh, then pickup I-90 at
Erie.  That second alternative is a little more
direct, but also more mountainous.

Jeff Clark, Treasurer
2006 Convention Committee