<VV> Stinger Carbs?

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 16 13:17:47 EST 2006

Grant, The original 100 Yenko Stingers all were Corsas w/ factory 140s.  I
am pretty sure the next factory Yenko Stingers were '67 Monzas with 140s
COPO-ordered package.  We can be reasonably assured the 1966 Stage I and II
YS were factory set-up carbs; i.e. secondary carbs (not primaries).
Similarly, for the '67s.  There is no mention in the literature of primary
carbs being substituted for secondary carbs from the Yenko shop.  I can
think of no reason why he would.

The Stage IV engines with the large bore carbs would not idle below 2000 rpm
according to literature. What could the purpose of a primary carb in place
of a secondary be for?  Since the idle circuits are difficult to machine in
a bored out carb, and were probably not done at all by Yenko-for that racing
application.

This is to say that there may been anomalies; a four-primary carb set up
from the factory if secondary carbs were unavailable in '67 -which is hard
to believe, as the secondary carbs were over-the counter items at that
time..

Words from original owners would be helpful.

Chuck S
BBRT