<VV> LM rear motor mount

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Jan 16 20:59:43 EST 2006

Well Jeff didn't have any more replaceables so went with an aftermarket
rear motor mount from Lon - seems very heavy duty, insulator is a 3"by 4"
block of rubber and while the safety retainer is a shelf rather than a pin,
since the retainer plate is one piece, has no welds, and the 4" wide plate
extends for an inch over the rear support, I do not see how the engine
could drop in any failure that does not shear both front mounts as well.

Installation was easier than the FSM led me to believe (did not need to
remove the rear grille). Old mount (looks the same off as on and suspect
OE. http://padgett.ws/files/oldmount.jpg . Touch of the finagle was
required but nothing unusual.

New mount installed: http://padgett.ws/files/newmount.jpg (1" marking is
height of plate off support when new so I can measure wear). Best part was
the cost which was less than 2/3 that of a rebuilt original. And no core
charge.

Padgett