<VV> Need high speed access advice--NO CORVAIR

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 18:42:33 EST 2006

Yes, I still have dial-up.  I've resisted this long because I'm a typical,
cheap Corvair guy and because portability is important to me since I access the
internet from several different computers.  I have a residence condo and my
office (self-employed) in a high rise.  Office is on the first floor and
residence is on the 11th.  I need to access internet in each.  Then there's my laptop
which I use with frequent travels.  And I have a week-end home.  So, does any
of you have any advice as to a high speed internet provider or form of high
speed internet access that might allow me to access the internet on all these
computers without paying for access separately from each?  BTW, I use the
laptop on travels and in the condo residence.  Might some form of "wireless" be the
way to go?  I've heard that one can often "tap into" someone else's wireless.
 If this is so, perhaps doing so might be easy in the highrise and, of
course, in motels leaving only the week-end home which could be where I pay for it
from.  What do you think?  Is there a way to test to see if I can, indeed, tap
into someone else's wireless from the highrise?  How does the signal do going
through concrete?  Advice, please.  Oh, and please reply privately.

~Bill Stanley