<VV> FC trans Cooler Hoses

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Fri Jan 20 16:54:22 EST 2006

Sprung a leak in the Greenbrier a couple of days ago,
tacked down to trans oil cooler (red stuff on
floor-not my blood for once) and worked on it last
night.  The old hoses were greasy mush and were
seeping under the clamps.  Replaced with 3/8 fuel line
which is holding nicely, but then it occurred to me
that there could be lots of pressure there.  Any ideas
how much?  Do I need to get a stronger hose for this
application?  The hose I got says "Not for Fuel
Injection" which is what got the sleepy brain started.

The old hoses are pretty much bereft of markings that
I can see, but do seem to have more reinforcing fabric
in them.

Anyhow, the truck is back on the road and ready for
another night of Pizza Deliveries!  You oughta see the
looks I get!

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX
Where the only vehicles that are operating are
Corvairs!!
Our 99 Chevy Van is DEAD waiting for a very expensive
fuel pump replacement.  Yikes!