<VV> Needed an interpreter, now need experience

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Jan 20 21:21:21 EST 2006

Yes, most every set of E-code H4's I install have city lights. I have
found, however (usually when installing to replace a sealed beam) that
often they can't be used because of interference with the headlamp
assembly or body. In those cases, I pop out the city lights and put a
piece of electrical tape over the hole.  No direct experience in a
Corvair, though.

Are H4's brighter? Depends on what you're coming from and what voltage
the bulbs are.  Coming from stock incandescent lights, yep, will be a
LOT brighter. Coming from sealed beam halogens, the light won't be
brighter but will be much more tightly focused, so it will look
brighter. Of course, all sorts of higher wattage bulbs are available,
but I've found that factory wattage bulbs, especially when run through a
relay so they get full voltage, are more than sufficient.

Bill