<VV> 1961 antenna removal

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 23 18:17:58 EST 2006

I don't have a '61 car.  But most from that era are just unscrew the "nut" -
might just be two flats - or might be a kind of "crown" shape - at the top
of the base.  There is a swivel clip on the underside of the fender.  One
side is longer than the other (so heavier).  Let the end of the antenna go
down into the fender an inch or two.  The swivel should tilt and allow it to
clear the hole in the fender.  If it is rusted into place, you might have to
help it a bit with a flat edge screw driver through the hole.  My '61
Rampside has this style antenna - but I don't know if it is stock.

Later, JR