<VV> Paint Colors--no Corvair

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 19:43:06 EST 2006

  Hey Cliff,
  I hope this isn't too big of a monkey wrench, but what of scale effect? One of the biggest problems I've heard a modeler faces is having the model, in its smaller form, LOOK like the same color as the full-sized car. From what I gather, you can put exactly the same paint, from the same batch, on the model and it will look darker.
  I will guess that with there being probably 800 shades of "white," if you can find something that has the same basic formula as ermine white, it will probably look closer than close enough--the TLAR method, where That Looks About Right.

  Chuck Kubin

Cliff Tibbitts <tibbitts at qx.net> wrote:
  This is a little off the mark, but here goes anyway. I am going to put
together a Corvair model for a friend of mine in the local club. I may be
in over my head as he is a real stickler for details.

The car is Ermine White. Does anyone know of a rattle can color that can
come close? I have searched a couple of different boards as well as Google
and have come up empty so far. I also spent about an hour at the local
hobby shop going through every can or bottle of paint in the store.

Thanks,
Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY