<VV> Re:antenna removal plus bonus ramblins

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 20:10:10 EST 2006

did you remove that kick panel to get at the screw on the base of the
antenna? i still have the small spanner wrench somewhere in my tool collection to get
the nut off without damaging it. they came with the new antennas. waterpump
pliers with a rag work fair.i am assuming a factory stock antenna.
on another note i am just looking / listening to a cd set given to me for
xmas on corsair aircraft.  amazing how much they sound like a corvair without
manifolds.  a nicer sound is hard to find!!
this brings up another old disscussion on valve adjusting.  my old favorate
way was to adjust them  without exhaust manifoilds (even on the bench). when
they are correctly done the flame length is equal out of each cylinder. best
test is short  burst and let off. the 6 flames should be alike in color and size,
and sounds smooth. this is a great way to set them up.
   back at it
regards, tim colson