<VV>Headlights (some Corvair)

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Jan 25 14:44:03 EST 2006

>The T3 brights light up the road well enough for me, even on the unlight
>roads

I remember moonlit nights in my yout when all I needed was the running
lights and could see better on TLB back Florida roads than with the 7"
Lucas PLs & imported Cibie halogens. Wasn't much traffic then and the
Interstate system was no where near compete (In Florida I-95 ran from Miami
to Ft. Pierce and that was it).

The problem today is more oncoming traffic with lots of watts ruining night
vision. Sometimes I just have to look at my side of the road.

Dunno if common but my "sighting point" is generally 1/8-1/4 mile ahead and
T-3s never were very useful out that far, really took a good set of 7"
flamethrowers.

Today most distance driving is done on Interstates and having no oncoming
traffic is unusual.

Will say that coming home yesterday when entering my development an
oncoming car reached one of our "calming strips" (basically a long speed
bump) and their lights were painful. My Corvair does have H5006s.

Point is that even E-code lights can be bothersome if the oncoming car hits
a bump, hill, or all of the time if the headlamp is mounted quite high (4x4).

Padgett