<VV> CGI car movie?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Jan 25 18:06:23 EST 2006

This, from another list:

-- Cars movie release date pushed back to 2006 --

Director John Lasseter Movie Cars Posted By: / Source
Related News : ,

The release date from Pixar's new animated movie
"Cars" has been moved  to June 9, 2006.

Release dates for major international
territories have also been set for summer 2006 -
France on July 12, Germany and Switzerland on July 13,
the UK and Spain on July 14, Japan on July 15 and
Italy on September 1.

Walt Disney Studios chairman, Dick Cook said:

"The move from November 2005 to June 2006 makes
perfect sense. "Cars" is the quintessential summer
film for audiences of all ages. It has a fantastic
story full of action, adventure, comedy, heartfelt
emotion with cutting edge animation and incredible
voice talent. In the vein of "Finding Nemo", we feel
the movie will have legs throughout summer and
beyond."

Also Pixar's CEO Steve Jobs said:

""Cars" longs to be a summer movie. We plan to finish
"Cars" on its original schedule, and look forward to
'Cars' and our future films benefiting by summer
theatrical releases and holiday DVD releases."

The movie centers on speed-obsessed race car Lightning
McQueen (Owen Wilson), who gets lost on his way to the
track. He lands in Radiator Springs, a downtrodden
town off fabled Route 66 that has been bypassed by the
interstate. There, he learns about what really matters
from the cars of the 1950s and '60s.

Sounds like something right up my alley.  ;)

tony..