<VV> Car names--some Corvair

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 12:49:22 EST 2006

When someone crushed the real fender on my first car, a '64 Monza, I painted "Ouch!" on it with a black spray can.  Thus, the car became known as Ouch. I also mounted a top unit from a lawnmower on the engine decklid.
  The '66 Dodge 440 was dark green with a green interior. The Corvair drew tickets every time a cop looked at me, but I could dance naked on the Dodge'['s hood as I went by in reverse at 100 mph and they wouldn't even blink, maybe because it looked slow. Called it Sneaky Clean.
  Anti Christine, my older '68, got its name because it was a low-mileage car that self destructs as I try to restore it...just the opposite of the movie.
  Orange Crush ('68 Monza) got half its name for the incredibly bad orange paint job and the other half because the original owner couldn't back it out of the garage without hitting something.
  Chuck Kubin