<VV> electric fuel pump

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jan 26 18:30:08 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/26/2006 3:17:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
burkhard at rochester.rr.com writes:

Based on  what you are telling us, you bought the wrong pump
for your design  intent.

Jim Burkhard

Bonnzz at aol.com wrote:
> hey  gang,
> I'm installing an electric fuel pump in my 66 and have a  few  questions..
> it is a Mr. Gasket #12s micro......it pumps 4-7  psi    The  instructions
say
> to mount it within 12  inches of the fuel tank.......the  instructions say
it
> pushes  better than it pulls    I wish to  mount it in  engine  compartment
near
> the opening where the fuel line enters  the  engine compartment. Does
anyone
> have any opinions or experience with  this  pump???(or any suggestions?)

>  Mark  Kinnan   _Bonnzz at aol.com_ (mailto:Bonnzz at aol.com)

In his own, diplomatic, way. Jim is telling you that this pump, like most
other electric pumps, is designed to be mounted in a spot with different
characteristics than your choice. Electric pumps prefer the lower location, with
gravity feeding them, so they can push the fuel along. Have you looked for areas
 near the tank where this pump might better reside? I guess that is advice,
rather than an opinion or experience, But I have been happy with other
electric  pumps being mounted somewhere beneath the passengers feet. - Seth  Emerson