<VV> 44

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 26 18:31:11 EST 2006

44 today and possible 54 tomorrow!

Had not seen the Rampy in about 4 months, so went over to the rental garage
(other side of town) to see how it looked and give it some exercise.
Inspected for evidence of vermin - none found.  Checked the oil - full.
Turned on the cabin light for a moment just to make sure the battery had not
gone flat.  A couple of slow pushes on the accelerator pedal and then set
the chokes.  Started after about 20 seconds - 2 10 second blasts.  A couple
more pumps on the accelerator till things evened out - about 20 seconds.
Let it idle about 4, maybe 5 minutes and then backed her out.  Very little
tic from the lifters, has Mobil 1 and I think that helps.

Took about a 10 mile ride.  We BOTH (Rampy and I) loved it!  Got lots of
looks along the way.  Always do in the Rampy - after all it is 45 years old
and lookin GOOD.  Last fall a lady asked me if it was a new vehicle (you
know - a throwback styling).  I had to laugh - then told her the truth - and
said "thanks for asking".

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140 (still TIMES 2 - somebody make an offer)
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140