<VV> RE: Barrett-Jackson and car values

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Jan 27 15:04:51 EST 2006

It's not just Barrett-Jackson, but other car auctions as well that set new
"high" watermarks for car values. Old cars Price Guide picks up on this,
and has cars that are valued in their guide go up in price.
Hey, 15 years ago, I went to look at a 64 Monza Coupe, originally the guy
told me he wanted to "dump" it as he had no interest in it. Car did have a
fairly solid body, but didn't run, needed upholstery, paint, rechroming,
etc...He pulls out the Old Cars Price guide tells me the car is between a 3
and a 2, and tells me he will let it go for $200 less than the price listed
in the book. To me the car was only worth about $200.

At a swap meet, I saw some Chrome trim for my 67 Dodge, asked the guy how
much. He wanted 2 grand for it! I shook my head and started to walk away.
He then said, "If your car was a Hemi Car, You'd pay it".

That Rampside selling for $29,000 means a lot more people will think their
rusted hulk behind the barn is a gold mine........

Had a guy stop wanted to buy my 65 Corsa I was parting out, I had the car
3/4 stripped and it was rotting in half. I told him no because he wanted
all the parts I had already stripped off it too.

Gary Swiatowy