<VV> RE: Barrett-Jackson

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 17:56:48 EST 2006

Something occured with the GM Motor transport, they announced later that it
went to the guy that paid $4 million.  Don't know what the deal was, but  I'm
sure it will come out.  The 8% buyers premium will add another $320,000  to
the price, so without sales tax, the GM bus cost the new owner  $4,320,000.00.
I wish I would have been the owner, who was hoping to get  $600,000 for the
thing.

I agree this is crazy and just entertainment, but it will  have an impact on
everyone who loves old cars.  I would love  another car like my first one, a
1968 Z/28 Camaro I bought as a Senior in High  School with 31,000 miles on it
for $1,350.00 but I know that is not likely to  happen.  I will probably just
look at a new Corvette!  At least it  will be cheaper than the Z/28!  I know it
won't hold it's value like the  Z/28 apparently will, but at least I will be
able to drive it and enjoy  it!

Todd in Texas
69 Monza Convertible
65 Corsa Turbo Convertible