<VV> Re: B-J

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Jan 27 19:19:07 EST 2006

>On another list (with the same sort of B-J
>bashing going on) a member actually owned up to having purchased a GTO
>Judge convertible for something like $185,000.

Mustabin a '71. Only 17 Judge convertibles built (of which about 300
survive) and the last year. When you get that low a production number in a
top-of-the-line car, funny things happen to the value. About ten years ago
the only recorded sale (triple black car AFAIR) was close on $100k.

Wonder what his insurance runs a year and how much it gets driven (have
been a lot of threads on this but all in all cars make lousy investments).
Am quite happy with my three toys (Monza convert is latest) particularly
that I do not need to be worried about taking anywhere (though at 11 mpg of
premium plus additives do tend to be selective about the Goat).

Padgett